So I've tried my hand at cooking and I'm okay. BUT I really am not too shabby at baking desserts! I'm telling you people, I work out so I can eat. I was a little hesitant about combining four different berries in one pie (I'm a bit of a plain Jane when it comes to food), but I had zero desires to actually go to the store and get ingredients, so I decided to work with what I had! I ended up absolutely loving it, and will definetly be making it again. Check out the recipe below, and let me know what you think!
- 1 frozen ready to bake pie crust (because let's be real, who has time to make one)
- Whatever variety of berries you want. I was using what I had which was a little of everything. I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (filling)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (filling)
- 1 cup all purpose flour, unbleached (top)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar(top)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove pie crust from freezer and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir frozen berries, vanilla, sugar and flour until well coated. Pour into pie crust and even out the top.
- In another separate bowl, measure out streusel ingredients. This is your sugar, brown sugar, oats, butter, and salt. Using your hands, mix the streusel until it comes together and the butter is well incorporated throughout and everything is like moist sand. I found this description online and it's exactly what it looks like. Spread 3/4 of the streusel over the frozen berries. This recipe calls for more than you really need so either reduce it proportionally, or you can put the rest in a freezer bag to save for your next dessert!
- Bake pie for 1 hour or until crust and topping are golden brown. Cool completely before cutting and serving. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.