I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Alli Taylor Day, from the blog Clothed with Strength & Dignity! Thank you Alli for the sweet nomination! The Liebster Award is a great way for your readers to learn more about you, and a great way to discover and meet new bloggers!
So Alli came up with eleven questions that will help you get to know me a little better!! Here are my answers!
1. What does a normal day in your life look like?
There is no such thing as a normal day lol Three days a week I work as a nurse in the operating room. I go into work before the sun is up and leave after it's gone down. Those days are survival mode. The other four days I spend making up for everything I wasn't able to do on my work days! All things from crafting, blogging, sleeping, grocery shopping, cleaning, and loving on family and friends!
2. What is your favorite television show?
Tie between Gilmore Girls and Friends. I can watch either of them, no matter what season or episode, and always laugh. There are very few things I will watch more than once and these two are some of those exceptions.
3. Where would you love to travel and why?
My husband and I desperately want to go backpacking through Europe. There is so much culture and history that we want to explore, and backpacking seems like the best way to take it all in! We have wanted to see that part of the world together for a long time, and plan on making it happen before we have kids!
4. What is your favorite quote?
This too shall pass.
Honestly it's probably my favorite because I know it's my grandma's favorite, and she literally says it all the time to us. But it's a great quote when you find yourself struggling, or getting too caught up in something, to just be a reminder that for everything there is a season. And yes I did just use a quote to explain why I like a quote.
5. Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
Oh such a planner. I wish I could learn to relax better and not have a plan, but oh how I love structure. It's a work in progress.
6. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I have high cholesterol and am severely anemic. I have struggled with both since middle school as they are both genetic in my instance. Not to say diet, exercise, and vitamins don't help!
7. Favorite lip product?
Honestly? Carmex. I'll do lipstick or whatever only when I'm going out, but I have my Carmex in my pocket at all times.
8. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
TRAVEL. I would seriously take like an entire summer and just go around the globe exploring. After that I would pay off all my loans, do all the expensive renovation projects I want to do to the house, and hope it was the really big lottery so that my family and I didn't have to work again lol
9. Favorite place to shop?
Realistically? Target. Tons of cute stuff for clothes, home, and decor but you can still walk out with a loaf of bread and call it grocery shopping lol
10. Why did you start blogging?
Initially I started blogging as a way to incorporate the products I sell and my DIY crafts into one site! I've grown to really enjoy sharing other aspects of my life as well, and it's really taken off!
11. What has been the best moment of your life so far?
Cheesy answer alert. Honestly I would have to say marrying my husband. We had dated since eighth grade for 7 years prior to getting married, so to say we were a bit antsy is putting it mildly! I have absolutely loved growing up with him and wouldn't rather do life with anyone else by my side.
I nominate these bloggers to answer my set of questions so that your readers can get to know you better too!
1. Chelcey of Chelcey Tate
2. Amanda of Derby City Darling
3. Julie of How I Sustain
4. Kayla of Kayla Hollatz
5. Nicole of What Nicole Wore
6. Kourtney of Kindly with K
7. Jenna of Gold & Bloom Floral Design
8. Kohleen of Bites of Life
9. Laura of Laura James Studio
10. Anna of Anna E. Lee - Interior Design
11. Sarah of Darling and Bliss
Here are your questions!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. Who inspires you?
4. What do you do with your free time?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What does a normal day in your life look like?
7. Favorite makeup product?
8. What are your favorite types of posts to read?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is your favorite food?
11. What is a random fact about yourself?
If you want more explanation or rules on how the Liebster Blog Award works, check it out here! Here's a hint, eleven is the magic number lol